Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Cinnamon Pecan Waffles

I couldn't post the Cinnamon Syrup recipe without thinking about these delicious Cinnamon-Pecan Waffles to go with it.  My kids don't like nuts so I make some without the pecans for them.  But Matt and I can't get enough of these.  I believe this is the website I got the recipe from
link

Cinnamon Pecan Waffles

1 3/4 c. flour
1 T. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 eggs, seperated
1 3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. oil
1 c. chopped pecans

Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.  In another bowl, combine the egg yolks and oil.  Stir the wet ingredients into the dry.

Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.  Fold them into the batter.  Put 1-2 T. of pecans onto a hot waffle iron.  Pour about 1/4 c. batter over the nuts and cook until golden brown.

Yield:  about 6 waffles

No comments:

Post a Comment